Ninth Orgrimmar Regiment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ninth Orgrimmar Regiment

The Ninth Orgrimmar Regiment's Guild Forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Legacy Story: Jayvyn Lightmourn

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jayvycakes
Admin
Jayvycakes

Legacy Story: Jayvyn Lightmourn Empty
PostSubject: Legacy Story: Jayvyn Lightmourn   Legacy Story: Jayvyn Lightmourn I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 12:16 am

Page 1.
The Parting Glass

In the still of the darkness and cold, the citadel of the once mighty Lich King remained in shattered disarray, near the bridge of the eastern wing bore a hole about two person large; Through this hole the darkness grew, the whispers of prayer and echoes of screams filled the otherwise silent halls of the Scourge stronghold. Bodies laid in frozen decay, bones of the brave lay under bones of the risen, death called this place home.

Like the shadows of the dead, two figures moved in silence, an elven with hair as white as snow, eyes that glowed an illustrious emerald hue, he stood at six foot, the cloak he wore covered most of his body as he crouched near a group of huddled bodies.
“Is this them?” Spoke his female companion, a pandaren who was sent with the elf on this journey to re-discovery.

With a heavy breath he answered “This is them” the elven’s hands shook as he removed a blackened sash from his satchel, a piece of cloth that had been enchanted with the gift of sight into the spirit world and the memories they hold. He hesitated, before placing the sash over his eyes and wrapping it tightly behind his head, calming his mind and steadying his breath pockets of light began to shine through the cloth, shrouded in darkness these lights were of the spirits of the brave who had assaulted this light-forsaken tomb.

“What do you see?” his companion spoke again

“Light, but very faint, I cannot make them out, there is so much darkness here” he spoke before his voice broke, the shadows had paused, their movement stilled the visions became clearer as they stared at the elf at first in bewilderment, then in anger at this intruder who dare enter their final resting place and have the audacity to lay his mortal eyes on them.

The elf shuffled back a moment attempting to remove the blindfold while unwillingly laying his hands upon the frozen fingertips of a fallen hero. The elven’s attention turned to this , and with it a soul-shocking realization of who he had just located. A glimmer of gold shined through the frozen ice that now lay across the hand of the feminine fingertips which held a locket, the elf stared as memories crept into his mind, like the plague it infected his sight and thoughts with a flash of screams and rush of emotions.

“My commander…” Spoke a vibrant young elf female as she stood in a candle lit room, trying on her evening wear. “To think you would have won my heart, my friends at the Academy would think me a fool for being so flustered in your presence” she spoke with happiness in her heart as she danced and swayed with the movements of the candle flame. She had walked over the table she had set up, delicious food and the finest wine in the lands sit waiting to be consumed, there stood box containing a golden locket with images of her, just waiting for the one who made her heart sing.

A knock at the door, her body shivered in anticipation, he had accepted her invitation the night before, and she was ready for him. Once the door open her delight turned to curiosity as a Scryer Messenger was standing at her doorstep “Pardon the intrusion Ma’am but the Commander sends his apology for not being able to attend this evening, however he brings word of good news, the Scryers will be testing a new cure for this plague which is sweeping through Azeroth, and is looking to be here by tomorrow.”

“Tomorrow?” she spoke “and what new cure do you speak of? I was not informed of any form of cure” the messenger bowed politely “It was the Commander's wish to not inform you, he wanted to keep you safe from this particular mission.” Her body burned with anger as she slammed the door and gathered her armor and weapons, only once returning to the table to retrieve the golden locket. Opening the door once more she shouted “YOU, Messenger, you will tell me where I can find them!” she spoke as she took hold of the Elf’s ear with a pinch

<Screams of pain and sorry echo through the mind, the sound of flesh and bone ripped from each other, the sounds of screaming prayers and gurgling requests for death pierce through>

The Elven male began to shake, paralyzed by fear and unable to remove himself from this vision, even the shouts of his companion who was now fending off the angry spirits could not shake him from his mental prison.

“COMMANDER! H-Help us!” spoke one voice

“Ple-ase!” Spoke another

“N-No, not l-ACK!” and another…

“<Gurgling>” and another…

"<Screams>" and another…..

<The vision of the female dancing to the candle light returned, watching a group of Scryers rise off the ground and be stripped of their flesh followed shortly after, back and forth the visions of the female and the vision of the slaughter flashed like pages in a flip book as the final page struck a vision of an elf male in heavy armor lay on the ground, his shield pinned to his chest by a sword as he is made to watch. The sound of a females voice choking on her own blood “Li-ghtmourn” as she extends her arm with a golden locket the image flashes and the visions fade>

Regaining his sight, the male elf removed his hand from the fingertips, the sound of shouting slowly enter his mind as he is forced to control the rush of emotions he just encountered, turning to his companion and rushing to her aid they stood back to back clearing the spirits and putting them to rest for the time being.

They knelt as both needed a moment to catch their breath, the elf clearly still shaken and almost in tears “What the HELL was th-?” the pandaren turned in anger at the elven’s delay in helping her, before she could not complete her words, she had seen that look before, it was the look one gets when witnessing horrors only the darkest of souls can conjure. “What did you see?” she crouched closer to him, he was pale and his eyes were frozen in place “Hey, hey don't start losing yourself, SNAP OUT OF IT” her voice shouted in urgency as the elf fell back blacking out.
Back to top Go down
Jayvycakes
Admin
Jayvycakes

Legacy Story: Jayvyn Lightmourn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legacy Story: Jayvyn Lightmourn   Legacy Story: Jayvyn Lightmourn I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 2:57 am

Page 2
Lullaby

Morning broke on the land of Pandaria, on a peaceful village near the southern Jade forest, a forest lush with beautiful trees, plants and landscapes, it is under the watchful eye of the Celestial Jade Serpent, inside of an abandoned hut lay the male elven, his eyes parted as the sunlight shined down on his face.

“Good morning sleepy head” spoke the pandaren female

“W-what happened?” he spoke, the room was filled in a heavenly glow something only given in a dream.

“Am I dead?” he continued

“No, thankfully, but you gave me one hell of a scare” the Pandaren stood up and gave the elven a kiss on the cheek before nuzzling him. Silence filled the air for a bit, and although she wanted to ask, she couldn’t, not yet.

The elven rose out of bed, a particularly muscular build even for an elvin his body was marked with scars and one in particular that was burnt into his skin, the mark was like a ring around his upper torso along with a “V” shaped one along his shoulders and backside, his wrists held identical burns that formed their own sharp angles and curves. The female Pandaren eyed him from a distance, admiring his structure as she normally would since the moment she met him, he was an outsider to their world, and even that adventure in the frozen north was more than she wanted, Pandaria, is safe, its secure, the outside world to her, was another story.

“How are you feeling?” She asked as she approached him from behind, wrapping her paws across his muscular body, she was still making sure he was him, this stranger from a land across the mists, no memories, no idea of who he was, they called him Lu Xing but what his true name was is uncertain.

“I’m not sure, but still here.” He spoke as he took her by the paw “I don’t think I can go back there” he continued.

Fighting her better judgement she asked “What happened out there? What did you see?”

With an emotionless stare he spoke “Death”

“Death? Whose death” she spoke curiously

The elven had taken his leave from the female's embrace, making his way toward the bed “I believe it was the people whose bodies littered the ground, All I remember before it happened was a golden locket”

“You mean this one?” the female pandaren spoke while reaching into her side pocket and held it cupped in her paws

The elven’s face grew pale at the sight of the Locket “Get that away from me” he spoke in a solid tone

“I noticed it near you, and figured it caused something in you, maybe it’s a memory? The female spoke with a pure intent

“Or maybe it is cursed, either way it’s a memory I can do without, Aysu.” His voice was more aggressive this time around.

Her voice broke “Lu Xing, memories are not meant to be forgotten, especially when they may link us to who we were. Even if the memories are bad, who we were is not what defines us, it’s who we chose to be now that matters” she spoke with the purest of heart.

Fighting herself to do what was right versus what she wanted, had it been anyone else, that locket would have been left in that horrible place, but he needed to find out, this would be his choice.

“I will place it here for now” the pandaren said while placing the locket atop of the bed near the elf “When you are ready, you know what to do, Paps did not train a coward”

The elven watched as the female made her exit, his eyes moved toward the locket, its very presence sending a cold chill down his spine.

The elf sat in silence, staring at this locket, what did it hold he wondered, those visions were gruesome, he had not experienced anything like it before, or had he? The elf laying on the ground, pinned by a sword, could it have been him? What was this “Light-Mourne”?

Mustering up the courage, the elf retrieved his sash and placed it across his eyes, he took a deep breath before tying it behind his head, the room was silent, almost as if the world he knew was fading into the darkness the moment he took hold of the locket.

“Commander?” A familiar female voice spoke

Light began to fill his vision, as the faint outline of a female elf began to shine through the cloth

“Hello?” the elf spoke “Can you hear me?”

“I can hear you just fine commander” the female spoke as her image shined through

“It is good to see you again Commander, I see you found my locket” the female spoke as her head tilted away from him “You freed me from that prison, thank you”

“why do you call me Commander?” he spoke

“Because you are my Commander, while I was alive of course, and with all due respect, you are my Commander even after.” She replied

“Who am i?” the elf ask, hoping this spirit would have the answers.

“You are Scryer-Commander Lightmourn, one of the finest Commanders the Scryer has ever known, you are a follower of the light, and upholder of justice and a master with the sword, or at least you were, Commander” the elf spoke with a hint of curiosity in her voice

“Were?” he replied

“The light does not surround you anymore, what happened to you Commander?” she continued

His tone lowered to a disheartening level “I was hoping you could tell me”

“I am afraid I cannot, the Commander I remember was a bull-headed zealous who lead our men, guided by the light he lead our people to many victories. You on the other hand, you are as empty as I am” she spoke with absolution in her voice

“What does that mean?” he replied

“Means you lost more than just your memories Commander, you lost something special, Maybe someone special, but I do not believe it was me” she continued

“How do you know it wasn't you? I've seen your memories, looks as though we were an item” he replied

The female chuckled light-heartedly “Nothing of the sort, I had a crush on you, one I probably shouldn't have, knowing full well you were more about work than about spending time and settling down. You worked tirelessly Commander, doing everything the Scryer’s set you out to do. You were a Hero to them, and to your men. We wanted you to take a day off, maybe a few days, but you never did, you always fought the good fight. “ she spoke a bit disheartened herself

“There isn’t much time for me here, you freed me from my prison, you set my soul free, in more ways than one Commander, and for that I am eternally grateful. You lost something very special, and if there is anything your men wanted for you, was to find that special something, and claim it for yourself. I once thought that could have been me, but that time has passed, Please Commander, live happy, live for your men, live for the ones who loved you” the female's voice spoke as it, along with the light she emitted

Removing his sash, the elf looked around the room, the feeling of a long term weight lifted off his chest as he breathed deeply, the sensation of a warm tear streamed down his left cheek as he sat in the lonely room, staring at the locket which seemed to shine a little brighter than when he first laid eyes on it.

Back to top Go down

Legacy Story: Jayvyn Lightmourn
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ninth Orgrimmar Regiment :: Roleplay-
Jump to: